All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Blackwell Companion to Medical Sociology is a comprehensive collection of 26 original essays by leading medical sociologists from all over the world. The articles are organized both topically and by region to provide thorough coverage of the concerns, issues, and future directions of the discipline. Editor William C. Cockerham contributes a fine introductory chapter that analyzes the field and then organizes the book in two parts. Part One covers the substantive areas of medical sociology, including essays on the sociology of the body, women's health, work stress, and the modern health care system.Part Two then applies those subjects to individual countries and societies in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa to provide a comparative reference for the most important topics in the field. This Companion thoroughly demonstrates that every region has its own unique medical perspectives and practices. This invaluable resource is the most informed, complete, and up-to-date reference on transnational medical sociology available today.
- Author Biography<b>William C. Cockerham</b> is Professor and Chair of the Sociology Department at the University of Alabama, with dual appointments in the School of Medicine and the School of Public Health. He is the author of <i>The Global Society</i> (1994), <i>The Aging Society</i> (1996), <i>Health and Social Change in Russia and Eastern Europe</i> (1999), <i>Sociology of Mental Disorder</i> (fifth edition, 1999), and <i>Medical Sociology</i> (eighth edition, 2001), and co-editor of <i>Dictionary of Medical Sociology</i> (1997) and <i>Readings in Medical Sociology</i> (second edition, 2001).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/01/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Sociology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight1048 g
- Width176 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byWilliam C. Cockerham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.