All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive Companion to the Hebrew Bible offers a broad overview and survey of Old Testament study. It consists of newly commissioned articles from an impressive range of top international Old Testament scholars, from the UK, Europe, Canada and the US. The history, archaeology, theology, sociology and ancient Near Eastern context of the Hebrew Bible are all given considerable attention, and by addressing questions of methodology and interpretation the Companion also introduces readers to important issues in the academic study of the Old Testament.The articles are written so as to be accessible to n-specialists whilst also of interest to scholars, since the contributors articulate their own position on their subject. The volume as a whole is introduced by an editorial overview of the discipline, providing the reader with a guide to the interconnections between individual articles. This Companion is an ideal tool for students, t just for use on one course, but over several years of study.
- Author BiographyLeo G. Perdue is President and Professor of the Hebrew Bible at Brite Divinity School, Texas Christian University. He is the author of six books including most recently Proverbs (2000), the editor of ten collections and has published more than 40 essays and journal articles.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/2001
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Religion
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1010 g
- Width178 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byLeo G. Perdue
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.