All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Blackwell Guide to Aesthetics is the most authoritative survey of the central issues in contemporary aesthetics available. The volume features eighteen newly commissioned papers on the evaluation of art, the interpretation of art, and many other forms of art such as literature, movies, and music. It provides a guide to the central traditional and cutting edge issues in aesthetics today. It is written by a distinguished cast of contributors, including Peter Kivy, George Dickie, Noel Carroll, Paul Guyer, Ted Cohen, Marcia Eaton, Joseph Margolis, Berys Gaut, Nicholas Wolterstrorff, Susan Feagin, Peter Lamarque, Stein Olsen, Francis Sparshott, Alan Goldman, Jenefer Robinson, Mary Mothersill, Donald Crawford, Philip Alperson, Laurent Stern and Amie Thomasson. It functions as the ideal text for undergraduate and graduate courses in aesthetics, art theory, and philosophy of art.
- Author BiographyPeter Kivy is Board of Governors professor of philosophy at Rutgers University and a past president of the American Society for Aesthetics. His most recent books are The Possessor and the Possessed: Handel, Mozart, Beethoven, and the Idea of Musical Genius (2001), New Essays on Musical Understanding (2001), and Introduction to a Philosophy of Music (2002).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2003
- Series TitleBlackwell Philosophy Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight840 g
- Width189 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byPeter Kivy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.