All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe Blackwell Guide to Mill's Utilitarianism volume is an ideal commentary for students on Mill's classic essay. It contains the complete text of Utilitarianism and twelve related essays. The essays cover the background to Mill's classic essay, analysis of the arguments, and contemporary debates within the utilitarian tradition. Also includes a case study demonstrating the application of utilitarian theory to military or n-violent responses to terrorism. Each contribution is an original essay written by a specialist at the cutting edge of philosophical scholarship.
- Author BiographyHenry R. West is Professor of Philosophy at Macalester College, St Paul, Minnesota. He is the author of An Introduction to Mill's Utilitarian Ethics (2004), Moral Philosophy: Classic Texts and Contemporary Problems (1977), and articles in journals and encyclopedias on John Stuart Mill and Utilitarianism.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/12/2005
- Series TitleBlackwell Guides to Great Works S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight516 g
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byHenry West
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.