All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionA new and invatory volume, the Blackwell Handbook of Education is both authoritative and accessible. It will be an invaluable companion and reference source for professionals and parents, student teachers, headteachers, goverrs, in schools and colleges, lay inspectors, and local politicians and others. It covers a wide variety of topics in A to Z format: education (concepts and issues, disciplines, types and phases); schools and others institutions and their organization; roles (duties and responsibilities) and people; regulations and conditions, individual differences among learners; curriculum and assessment; pedagogy; and resources. In addition, there are separate guides to acronyms, organizations and legislation.While the Handbook can be used as a quick and easy reference, its classified index enables the reader to read more systematically in the area of choice, perhaps pedagogy for example. The book has been extensively trialed on its potential readers to ensure that in its scope, depth, content and style it meets a real need as a contemporary guide to the field of education.
- Author BiographyMichael Farrell trained as both a teacher and as a psychologist. He held senior management posts in special education and has taught at both London and City Universities. He is now a consultant to the Department of Education. Trevor Kerry has been a teacher, adviser and lecturer for many years and has experience of all phases of education. He is currently staff tutor with the Open University and a Visiting Fellow at the University of East Anglia. Carolle Kerry has held a variety of posts involved with local education and child care. More recently, in a Public Relations post with Norfolk County Council she was responsible for the county's Information for Parents and for a number of school-based projects.
- Author(s)Carolle Kerry,Michael Farrell,Prof. Trevor Kerry
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/01/1995
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width158 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.