CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.68
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
About this product
- DescriptionFor Freshman-level writing courses, such as Freshman Composition, English Composition, First-Year Writing, Expository Writing, or any course where students need help with the writing. This widely acclaimed handbook provides students with the most focus on critical thinking, writing process, particularly revision, and writing across the curriculum. The fifth edition of The Blair Handbook is the clearest and most accessible edition yet. It continues to explain and illustrate the qualities of good writing and the logic behind conventions of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage. And it continues to insist that good writing results from imaginative composing, careful revising, and editing. At the same time, the new edition adds coverage of visual rhetoric, public forms of discourse, Writing Across the Curriculum, and writing for the world of work.
- Author BiographyA balanced author perspective: A composition teacher with more than 35 years experience teaching writing, Toby Fulwiler highlights the need for writers to gain confidence in their voices and ideas as well as to practice in a variety of formats and conventions. A practicing journalist with more than 25 years of experience writing and editing for newpapers, Alan Hayakawa understands the importance of conventional correctness and appreciates the way different writing situations and new technologies demand different approaches. For this reason, The Blair Handbook devotes time to both the whys and the hows of good writing. Students who know how to analyze and address individual rhetorical situations are more likely to succeed both across the curriculum and in the world beyond college.
- Author(s)Alan R. Hayakawa,Toby Fulwiler
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/07/2009
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLongman Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings, charts, graphs
- Weight853 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2009 MLA Update ed of 5th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.