All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in one of the most productive periods of his career, Hawthorne's Blithedale Romance was published in 1852, a year after The House of the Seven Gables and two years after his masterpiece The Scarlet Letter. With The Blithedale Romance, Hawthorne writes fully in his own time, t haunting his characters with the American past. Drawn from his stay at Brook Farm, a communal experiment in living the pastoral life, the story is an engaging one that touches on many of the issues of his day, from brotherhood to women's rights and socialism. It remains a captivating work about politics, love, the supernatural, and idealism, written with Hawthorne's sharp wit and deep intelligence.
- Author BiographyArlin Turner (b. 1909 - d. 1980 ) was a scholar of American literature and instructor at Southwest Texas State University.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Hawthorne
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication03/06/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Out-of-print date09/05/2002
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Introduction byArlin Turner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.