Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bloomsbury Companion To Phonetics is designed to be the essential one-volume resource. It gives an overview of key areas in phonetics. It offers a survey of current research areas and new directions in the field as well as featuring a manageable guide to beginning or developing research. The book gives readers practical guidance for study in the area. The volume covers all the most important issues, concepts, movements and approaches in the field, looking at both the core and applied domains of phonetics and speech science. It offers insights into areas as diverse as the acquisition, production and perception of speech, and clinical and forensic phonetics. There is a state of the art exploration of voice and phonation, tone and intonation, phonetic pedagogy, speech techlogy and phonetic universals.
- Author BiographyMark Jones is Lecturer in Phonetics at City University London, UK. Rachael-Anne Knight is Senior Lecturer in Phonetics at City University London, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- Series TitleBloomsbury Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight514 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMark J. Jones,Rachael-Anne Knight
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.