All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing 19th-century private investigators Matthew Grand and James Batchelor in the first of a brand-new historical mystery series. April, 1865. Having been an eye witness to the assassination of President Lincoln, Matthew Grand, a former captain of the 3rd Cavalry of the Potomac, has come to London on an undercover assignment to hunt down the last of the assassin's co-conspirators. Ambitious young journalist Jim Batchelor has been charged with writing a feature article on the visiting American, with the aim of getting the inside story on the assassination. Both men are distracted from their missions by the discovery of a body behind the Haymarket Theatre in London's Soho district. It's the latest in a series of grisly garrottings by a killer kwn as the Haymarket Strangler. As Grand and Batchelor team up to pursue their investigations through the dark underbelly of Victorian London, it becomes clear that there may be a disturbing connection between the assassination of Abraham Lincoln and the Haymarket Strangler.
- Author BiographyM J Trow is a military historian by training and the author of the long-running Inspector Lestrade and 'Mad Max' Maxwell detective series, as well as several non-fiction books, including Who Killed Kit Marlowe? He lives on the Isle of Wight.
- Author(s)M. J. Trow
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Grand & Batchelor Victorian Mystery
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSevern House Large Print Books
- Weight525 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementLarge type edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.