All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor anyone with a tiny galley kitchen, there's good news: more bland leftovers aboard. These delicious and easy recipes, all made with minimum fuss and maximum flavour, will allow you to spoil yourself in harbour and keep things simple at sea - t to mention rustle up a mean rum punch. With handy ideas on setting up the galley, a lazy guide to filleting mackerel and tips for hosting the perfect beach barbecue, this is the must-have guide for sailors and seaside-lovers alike. The book includes recipe contributions from top chefs (Chris Galvin, Angela Hartnett, Kevin Mangeolles, Ed Wilson and Judy Joo) and sailing legends (Sir Robin Kx-Johnston, Mike Golding, Brian Thompson, Shirley Robertson and Dee Caffari). With a foreword by Chris Galvin, and accompanied throughout by wonderful photography and beautiful hand-drawn illustrations, this will prove to be an invaluable addition to the food lover's kitchen or galley.
- Author BiographyFiona Sims has written for The Times, The Sunday Times, Food & Travel, Delicious, Decanter, and more. The award-winning food and wine writer has interviewed many of the world's top chefs, including Alain Ducasse, Gordon Ramsay and Rene Redzepi, and accompanied Heston Blumenthal on his first trip to the legendary El Bulli. The idea for this book came after much nagging from her sailing-mad Dad, who kept losing her scribbled-down recipes for on board cooking in his rather basic galley. She and her husband Mark split their time between London and Yarmouth, and she sails regularly from the south coast with her Dad on his 29ft Westerly, always cooking on board.
- Author(s)Fiona Sims
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteColour photographs throughout
- Weight514 g
- Width185 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.