All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOthers have written science fiction on the theme of immortality, but in The Boat Of A Million Years, Poul Anderson made it his own. Early in human history, certain individuals were born who live on, unaging, undying, through the centuries and millennia. We follow them through over 2000 years, up to our time and beyond - to the promise of utopia and the challenge of the stars. A milestone in modern science fiction and a New York Times Notable Book on its first publication in 1989, this is one of a great writer's finest works.
- Author BiographyThe bestselling author of such classic novels as Brain Wave and The Boat of a Million Years, Poul Anderson won just about every award the science fiction and fantasy field has to offer. He won multiple Hugos and Nebulas, the John W. Campbell Award, The Locus Poll Award, the Skylark Award, and the SFWA Grandmaster Award for Lifetime Achievement. His later books include Harvest of Stars, The Stars are Also Fire, Operation Luna, Genesis, Mother of Kings, and Going for Infinity, a collection and retrospective of his life's work. Poul Anderson lived in Orinda, California where he passed away in 2001.
- Author(s)Poul Anderson
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication28/05/2004
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $17.22Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.59
- AU $23.95Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.57
- AU $11.58Trending at AU $14.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.