All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps the most distinctive aspect of The Boatloads is its overt references to church and Christianity. Dan Albergotti's references are t mere proselytizing, though. In fact, the first poem in the book, Vestibule, tells the story of the author's teenage experience making love to his girlfriend in a university chapel, saying: Lord of this other world, let me recall that night. / Let me again hear how our whispered exclamations / near the end seemed like rising hymnal rhythm / and let me feel how those forgotten words came / from somewhere else and meant something. Dan Albergotti teaches at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, South Carolina.
- Author BiographyDan Albergotti's poems have appeared in The Cincinnati Review, Shenandoah, The Southern Review, The Virginia Quarterly Review, and elsewhere. He is a graduate of the MFA Program at UNC Greensboro where he was poetry editor of The Greensboro Review. He currently serves as Coordinator of Creative Writing at Coastal Carolina University where he teaches creative writing and literature.
- Author(s)Dan Albergotti
- PublisherBOA Editions, Limited
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleNew Poets of America
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBOA Editions, Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight171 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Foreword byEdward Hirsch
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.