All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- DescriptionDo you ever dream of a life extraordinary? Born on an isolated island surrounded by a vast sea, Isla spends her childhood staring out to the horizon and dreaming of adventure. Only her best friend Tomas, son of the lighthouse keeper, understands Isla's longing to find the Greater Meaning of her life. When a mysterious boatman arrives on the island, Isla's young heart is swept up in the unmistakable tides of destiny, and at the threshold of adulthood, Isla at last crosses the great sea in search of adventure and purpose on the mainland. The Boatman is a bridge between worlds - a powerful mainland where 'More is Better, New is Best', and a small island which recognises the power of having 'Eugh'. It is the story of the winding path of Isla's destiny, which ultimately forces her to make a choice between the island and the mainland, and between the man that has come to define her mainland life, and Tomas, the island boy she left behind. It is the story of all those who have dreamed of taking that other path and searching for the deeper meaning of their lives. Where will The Boatman take you? Begin the journey with this first story in The Boatman Series.
- Author BiographySarah Beth Hunt grew up in the tropics of south Florida. She earned a Ph.D. in South Asian Studies from the University of Cambridge, and is a BWY certified yoga teacher. Her first book was published with a typewriter and cardboard cover by her second grade teacher. Sarah has taken trains along the mountains to Manchu Pichu, through the tea plantations of Sri Lanka, across the hot deserts of Rajasthan, India, and to as many European cities as she could manage. She now finds herself in Leamington Spa, England, where she lives with her husband and two small children and continues to write stories.
- Author(s)Sarah Beth Hunt
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.