All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a psychoanalyst's couch, the narrator looks back on her bizarre childhood, in which she was born with a birth defect. Her family were intent on fixing it and somehow the narrator has survived the emotional havoc she went through, however she has t emerged completely unscathed. This intimate narrative echoes the voice of the narrator's younger self, a sharp, sensitive girl keen to life's hardships. With bare language and smart humour, both delicate and unafraid, the narrator strings a strand of touching moments together to create a portrait of childhood.
- Author BiographyThe New York Times described GUADALUPE NETTEL s acclaimed English-language debut, Natural Histories (Seven Stories 2014), as five flawless stories. A Bogota 39 author and Granta Best Untranslated Writer, Nettel has received numerous prestigious awards, including the Gilberto Owen National Literature Prize, the Antonin Artaud Prize, the Ribera del Duero Short Fiction Award, and most recently the 2014 Herralde Novel Prize. TheBodyWhere I Was Born is her highly anticipated first novel to appear in English. She lives and works in Mexico City.
- Author(s)Guadalupe Nettel
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Weight322 g
- Width148 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.32
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $85.98
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.65
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.