The Bodyboard Travel Guide: Where to Score the World's Best Bodyboarding Waves by Owen Pye (Undefined, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bodyboard Travel Guide will open your mind to the endless possibilities that exploring the world with your bodyboard can bring. Featuring 100 slabs, wedges and shorebreaks on six continents, three oceans and dozens of countries, it will have you salivating at the sheer variety of what's on offer. You will learn: how to plan your trip. where and when to go, how to score more waves by getting in shape, why every bodyboarder needs to go on a boat trip, staying safe, healthy and out of trouble, how to shoot great images and preserve your memories, how to save money on budget trips, cold water destinations: how to survive and thrive, the one nation in the world every single man should visit (and it gets great waves too)! How to prepare for an awesome roadtrip. There's a ton of useful tips and insights from seasoned travellers and bodyboarding pros including: 2010 world champion Amaury Lavernhe, Matt Lackey, Pierre Louis Costes, Sacha Specker, Dave Winchester, Damien King, Ben Player and Mag Oliveira. And much more, including: Travellers Tales: Inspirational ripping yarns from bodyboarders who've been there, done that, and survived to tell the tale. All illustrated with hundreds of photos from the world's top bodyboarding and surfing photographers, including Tim Jones, Sacha Specker, Tim McKenna, Mike Searle, Ray Collins, Lee Kelly and Chris Van Lennep. Detailed destination sections cover background info, waves, general travel advice and the vibe, plus of course detailed spot checks of the most bodyboarding-friendly breaks. Check out: Ireland - enchanted land of slabs, hollow points, green fields and black beer; Hawaii - the spiritual home of bodyboarding: learn how to surf Pipeline; Portugal - supertubes, super variety!; Tahiti - chopes as you've never seen it before; Pacific Islands - where to seek off-the-beaten-track tropical perfection; Scotland - cold water slabs in Europe's beautiful rthern frontier; The Canary Islands - learn how to score before the locals; Morocco - we've uncovered some little-kwn wedges and reefs; South Africa - two oceans, quality waves galore; The Philippines - so much more than Cloud Nine; Indonesia - score uncrowded perfection in this nation of thousands of wave-drenched islands; Australia - so much coastline, so many sick waves: these are the ones to bodyboard; England and Wales - where to go for good waves and fun times; Chile - an arid coastal frontier of endless cold water slabs; Central America - warm water and consistent fun surf; Mexico - the full lowdown on this wave-drenched land; Brazil - the party capital of the world is also home to some seriously fun bodyboarding waves; USA - where to score in California and on the East Coast; Spain - great culture, great food and great waves. My advice to anyone travelling and looking for waves is to stay curious and never let a long walk get in the way of a new discovery, The Bodyboard Travel Guide can help to get you there. Mitch Rawlins
- Author BiographyOwen Pye is a freelance writer and regular contributor to ThreeSixty Bodyboarding Magazine, Europe's leading bodyboard title. Rob Barber and Mike Searle are editor and publisher of ThreeSixty Magazine respectively. All three live in Cornwall, England.
- Author(s)Owen Pye
- PublisherOrca Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2011
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationNewquay
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrca Publications Ltd
- Content Notemore than 300 colour photos
- Weight517 g
- Width215 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byMitch Rawlins
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.