All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.83Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $43.66
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $39.88
- AU $12.48Trending at AU $16.19
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $26.86
About this product
- DescriptionMeet Penelope Pembroke: owner of the best (only) B&B in Amaryllis, Arkansas (pop. 5492) who's flirting with 50, divorced (Travis Pembroke, had a wandering eye'), mother of Amaryllis PD Detective Bradley Pembroke, apple of her father Jake Kelley's eye, best friend of Mary Lynn Hargrove, the mayor's wife, and the only human creature tolerated by Abijah, the 18-pound orange tabby who stalks the family home-turned B&B. Penelope keeps her ear to the ground, her eyes open, and her battered heart in solitary confinement. Then one night, while having a beer and a Reuben at the seedy-though-popular Sit-n-Swill, she meets Tiny aka Sam who is about as much of a biker as she is a belly dancer. She insists on dabbling in danger and disaster despite Sam's best efforts to discourage her. The fireworks begin in Book 1, light up the skies in Books 2,3,4, and 5, and end in one spectacularly explosive display in Book 6. Book 1: The Bogus Biker A police raid on the Sit-n-Swill, a devastating fire at her ex-husband's historic home, and a game of cat-and-mouse with Tiny aka Sam turns Penelope's placid life upside down.
- Author BiographyJudy Nickles is a retired teacher who has been writing since she could hold a #2 pencil. She has been published by The Wild Rose Press and Champagne Books as well as in online and print magazines and anthologies. With a master's degree in history and 30+ years' experience in genealogical research, she believes stories are everywhere and wishes she had time to write them all. Besides researching her family tree, she enjoys reading biographies, WW II history, and mysteries and embraces travel and meeting new people. Her newest favorite possession is a Kindle Fire. Her most memorable experience in recent times was a flight in a WW II B-24 bomber built the same year she was born! She blogs at The Word Place (www.judythewordplace.blogspace.com). Visit Penelope Pembroke at www.thepenelopepembrokecozymysteryseries.yolasite.com and the author's website Someday Is Here (www.judynickles.com) Life is good--and she is enjoying her adolescent rebellion 50 years late!
- Author(s)Judy Nickles
- Date of Publication17/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.