All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.88Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionAdam Gross, philosopher-cum-lawyer, teaches at an Ivy League law school in New York. Good looking, cultivated, bohemian, he was once considered the rising star of his faculty, but that was a decade ago, and times have changed. Doing the job he always wanted, shaping eager, young, minds, showing them what it takes to be a lawyer, Adam has to face the truth that his style is longer what the students pay for; and his Dean is getting worried about the rising number of complaints. It doesn't help that he is about to start sleeping with the Dean's wife...Faced with a struggle for survival, sandwiched between headstrong students and colleagues eager to see him cut down to size, Adam kws other course than to keep teaching law as he believes it must be taught - as a global, complex and multi-faceted phemen in which American law is just one part of the picture. In a world in which the old certainties have been swept away, in which torture happens on our doorstep, and inequalities multiply, more than ever Adam wants his students to understand that they hold the key to a better, more just, future. This vel by acclaimed Columbia Professor of Law, George Fletcher, is at one and the same time a tale of university life and a fascinating journey into the philosophical world of law. By turns provocative, challenging, shocking and amusing, THE BOND will change forever the way law students (and their teachers) think about the law. A shrewd and funny insight into a world of ideas, love and intrigue: the American law school Bernard Schlink, author of The Reader. This vel provides a unique insight into the workings of the legal mind and the inner life of law schools. Bruce Ackerman, Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science, Yale University See the detailed website for this book: http://fletcher-thebond.com/?cat=4.
- Author BiographyGeorge P Fletcher is the Cardozo Professor of Jurisprudence at Columbia University in New York.
- Author(s)George P. Fletcher
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/08/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight346 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.