Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Three Doctors-Drs. Sampson Davis, George Jenkins, and Rameck Hunt-discovered early in their friendship that they shared one disturbing trait: as children, they had to navigate life in inner-city Newark without a father's support and guidance. While each young man dealt with the turmoil caused by an absent father, with male role model to turn to for advice, each veered dangerously close to a life of delinquency, drugs, and crime. But despite great odds, the three overcame the statistics. In high school, they formed the Pact, a promise to one ather that they would become doctors, and it kept them dedicated to one ather and to their dream and helped to put them on the road to successful careers as physicians. In The Bond, the Three Doctors plumb their own tough childhoods to explore the national epidemic of fatherlessness. But rather than cling to any bitterness or pain they may have felt as children about their fathers' inability to be in their lives, as adults Davis, Jenkins, and Hunt sought out their fathers and worked to reconnect with them. In the doctors' own words-and their fathers'-they describe the crucial lessons they learned, identifying ways to stem the tide of fatherlessness that's sweeping through communities across the country. Honest, brave, and poignant, The Bond is a book for every family, every father, and every man.
- Author BiographySampson Davis is a board-certified emergency medicine physician at St. Michael's Medical Center and assistant medical director of the Emergency Department at Raritan Bay Medical Center. He earned his medical degree from the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and is a recipient of the Essence Lifetime Achievement Award. He is coauthor of the New York Times bestseller The Pact and We Beat the Street. Davis is cofounder, with George Jenkins and Rameck Hunt, of the Three Doctors Foundation, which seeks to inspire and create opportunities for inner-city communities through education, mentoring, and health awareness. He lives near Newark, New Jersey. George Jenkins, an assistant professor of clinical dentistry at Columbia University in New York City, earned his dentistry degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He is a recipient of the Essence Lifetime Achievement Award and coauthor of the New York Times bestseller The Pact and We Beat the Street. Jenkins is cofounder, with Sampson Davis and Rameck Hunt, of the Three Doctors Foundation, which seeks to inspire and create opportunities for inner-city communities through education, mentoring, and health awareness. He lives near Newark, New Jersey. Rameck Hunt is a board-certified internist at University Medical Center at Princeton and an assistant professor of medicine at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, where he earned his medical degree. He is a recipient of the Essence Lifetime Achievement Award and coauthor of the New York Times bestseller The Pact and We Beat the Street. Hunt is cofounder, with Sampson Davis and George Jenkins, of the Three Doctors Foundation, which seeks to inspire and create opportunities for inner-city communities through education, mentoring, and health awareness. He lives near Newark, New Jersey. Margaret Bernstein is an award-winning journalist at the Plain Dealer in Cleveland, Ohio. She was founding editor of that paper's everywoman section, and she also served as assistant city editor at the Tucson Citizen in Arizona. In addition to her journalism awards, she won the 2000 National Big Sister of the Year Award from Big Brothers Big Sisters of America. Richard Allen is a five-time Audie-nominated narrator whose work has been acknowledged on the Best Audiobooks Lists for Audiofile and Library Journal. He was named an AudioFile Best Voice in 2008 and has won four AudioFile Earphones Awards. His audiobooks include From Midnight to Dawn, Lincoln and Chief Justice Taney, Futureland, and Right as Rain.
- Author(s)George Jenkins,Margaret Bernstein,Rameck Hunt,Sampson Davis
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication04/10/2007
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Richard Allen
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time570
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.