All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
About this product
- DescriptionMetaphysical thriller, meditation on mortality and chronicle of our self-devouring times, this is the kaleidoscopic new vel from the author of Cloud Atlas. SHORTLISTED FOR THE NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS UK AUTHOR OF THE YEAR 2014 LONGLISTED FOR THE MAN BOOKER PRIZE 2014 LONGLISTED FOR THE FOLIO PRIZE 2015 One drowsy summer's day in 1984, teenage runaway Holly Sykes encounters a strange woman who offers a small kindness in exchange for 'asylum'. Decades will pass before Holly understands exactly what sort of asylum the woman was seeking ...The Bone Clocks follows the twists and turns of Holly's life from a scarred adolescence in Gravesend to old age on Ireland's Atlantic coast as Europe's oil supply dries up - a life t so far out of the ordinary, yet punctuated by flashes of precognition, visits from people who emerge from thin air and brief lapses in the laws of reality. For Holly Sykes - daughter, sister, mother, guardian - is also an unwitting player in a murderous feud played out in the shadows and margins of our world, and may prove to be its decisive weapon.
- Author BiographyDavid Mitchell is one of the most acclaimed authors of his generation - 'Just about the most audacious, thrilling and, above all, entertaining young British novelist there is' (Observer). He has been shortlisted twice for the Man Booker Prize and longlisted four times, as well as won the John Llewellyn Rhys, Geoffrey Faber Memorial and South Bank Show Literature Prizes, and the Richard & Judy Best Read. He was also selected as one of Granta's Best Young British Novelists in 2003 and named by Time as one of the world's 100 most influential people in 2007. His previous novels are Ghostwritten, number9dream, Cloud Atlas, which was adapted for film in 2012, Black Swan Green and The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet. In 2013, The Reason I Jump: One Boy's Voice From the Silence of Autism by Naoki Higashida was published in a translation from the Japanese by David Mitchell and KA Yoshida. It was an immediate bestseller in the UK and later in the US as well. The Bone Clocks is David Mitchell's sixth novel.
- Author(s)David Mitchell
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6
- Weight926 g
- Width163 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine50 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.