All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDonkeys are gaining in popularity across the country. They are used in trail riding, as pets, to guard livestock from coyotes and wild dogs, and as show animals. Donkeys are also used to breed mules, which are a hybrid produced by crossing a male donkey with a female horse. In The Book of Donkey, Donna Campbell Smith will cover the origin and history of donkeys world-wide. She will include chapters on breeds and types, care, housing, breeding, training, and the use of donkeys in the same format as her previous three books with Lyons Press. The Book of Donkeys will stand alone as an introduction to the world of donkeys and donkey keeping.
- Author BiographyDonna Campbell Smith worked in the horse industry for over thirty years as an instructor, trainer, breeder and writer. Smith has written The Book of Miniature Horses, The Book of Draft Horses, and The Book of Mules. Smith is a freelance writer and photographer with articles and photographs published in several regional and national magazines including The Horse, Stable Management Magazine, USA Equestrian, Young Rider, The Chronicle of the Horse, Boys Life, The Gaited Horse, Brayer Magazine, The Western Mule, Back Home, Grit Gazette, Our State, Carolina Country and Conquistador.
- Author(s)Donna Campbell Smith
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Note53 black & white halftones, 11 colour illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.