All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionThis first-of-a-kind book based on the author's experience outlines a comprehensive program specifically geared to those with Parkinson's disease. This book covers a wide range of movement therapies such as range of motion exercises, low to -impact aerobics, strength training, yoga, and T'ai Chi. The Book of Exercise and Yoga for Those with Parkinson's Disease is unique in that it covers a wide range of techniques, which are specifically geared to, and have been proven helpful for, those with Parkinson's disease. The exercises are all explained in detail utilizing safe body mechanics and are illustrated in standing, standing holding onto a chair, and seated variations to accommodate a wide variety of abilities. This complete wellness program goes beyond the traditional exercise book offering information on home safety, fall prevention, activities of daily living, and body mechanics (including how to get up from the floor) as well as facial and voice projection exercises. Each chapter includes brief explanations on how each movement technique physiologically affects the body and how they specifically help those with Parkinson's disease. The strength training chapter also includes simple muscle diagrams to educate readers about which muscle group(s) they are targeting. This book also provides information on stress management and provides instruction in four different relaxation/meditation techniques. If you are looking for a complete program to help you manage your symptoms and enhance your quality of life, then this book is for you.
- Author(s)Lori A Newell
- Date of Publication17/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight476 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.