All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionSuperbly original poetic meditations with Audrey Hepburn as their glowing muse. A startlingly original debut collection of poetry from lecturer and critic Joseph Campana, in which public icons and the language of private devotion meld to form a new beauty. Unexpected, provocative, enchanting, rich: these are the poems of Joseph Campana, an extraordinary new poetic voice. Audrey Hepburn is the muse and channel for his meditations on the seductions of screen and page, the titillations of stardom, fashion, fame and fortune: his poems are haunted by Hepburn and her leading men, thronged with a surprising array of literary spectres and packed with deliciously refracting syntax in a disarmingly simple vocabulary. Catullus; Petrarch; Chaucer; Spenser; Foucault; Barthes: all twinkle kwingly in the corridors of poetry and prose - poetry at times blurring into the austere face of prose, prose assuming the oblique face of poetry. Simple and beautifully riddling; gorged with meaning and clear as shining haiku, Campana's debut collection is a magnificent and enthralling achievement.
- Author BiographyJoseph Campana's poems and criticisms have appeared in Poetry, Colorado Review and New England Review. He teaches Renaissance Literature and creative writing at Kenyon College, Ohio.
- Author(s)Joseph Campana
- PublisherGraywolf Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/12/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGraywolf Press,U.S.
- Weight214 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.