All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore trivia about Ireland than you ever needed to kw! Distract yourself from doom-and-gloom with useless information: guaranteed to make you a hit at parties or gatherings of more than one person! This book contains jewels like the following: * During the first half of the nineteenth century, the average number of CHILDREN per household in Ireland was 10. * An ancient Irish marriage ritual called 'handfasting', involved tying a rope between the newlyweds' wrists for 366 days. It is said that this is where the expression 'TYING THE KNOT' originated.
- Author BiographyColin Murphy is the author of The Most Famous Irish People You've Never Heard Of and co-author of the bestselling 'Feckin' collection (The O'Brien Press). His debut historical novel Boycott (Brandon) was published in 2012 to great acclaim. Donal O'Dea is a senior Art Director at one of Ireland's leading advertising agencies.
- Author(s)Colin Murphy,Donal O'Dea
- PublisherO'Brien Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2009
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Series TitleThe Feckin' Collection
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- First Published2009
- ImprintO'Brien Press Ltd
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations
- Weight111 g
- Width110 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.