All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a detective story set in 1980s Shrewsbury and Toronto. A social worker, Philip Eyre, searches for the father of a baby girl and finds himself obsessed by the girl's mother who ends up in psychiatric hospital after trying to commit suicide. While investigating the case, Philip comes to question his own life -- his own fathering and father. The case apparently solved, Philip takes a job in Toronto as a researcher but becomes haunted by his own past. He returns to England, and a new obsession with the case gathers pace. Is the baby related to him? Are they connected by some strange literary provenance -- Charlotte Bronte's vel, Jane Eyre? By w he is randomly switching from one possibility, one bizarre plot about orphans and illegitimacy, to the next. He suffers a breakdown; the pursuit of an answer has turned back in on him; w he is the one who feels pursued. The Book of Guardians is a haunting vel that leaves readers wondering whether it is possible to recall and kw your own past with any degree of certainty.
- Author BiographyDerek Neale is an award-winning writer. He taught creative writing at UEA for a number of years and has recently helped design a whole new generation of Open University courses, producing several practical books and recording interviews with playwrights, novelists, autobiographers and biographers about their approach to the art and craft of writing. The Book of Guardians is his first novel.
- Author(s)Derek Neale
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Weight408 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.