All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do we suffer? And what sort of answer could satisfy our disquiet? After being struck down by a series of disasters that destroy his property and kill most of his family, and after being afflicted by an atrocious skin disease, Job is moved to enquire into the cause of his suffering. His friends blame Job's own supposed impiety for his troubles. Job blames God. This dramatic story from ancient times details the row between Job and his friends, which ends when God himself arrives. Readers down the ages have been shocked and delighted by this surprising and intriguing tale. The American Standard Version translation, introduced by philosopher Jocelyn Almond, has been typeset in the beautiful Doves Type of the early twentieth century, designed for the quality, hand-made editions of a private press. Doves Type was made in only one size, the size used in this book.
- Author(s)Jocelyn Almond
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.