All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do people do the things they do and feel the things they feel? If you were able to develop a better sense of what drives your actions and emotions, and those of the people around you, the possibility of a happier, more meaningful life would increase significantly. Now, psychologist G. Christopher Berry, PhD, draws from his years in the field, as well as his own life journey, to share a revolutionary new theory that can lead to a greater understanding in order to feel good. Detailing his groundbreaking Emotion Focused Theory, or EFT, The Book of Life: The Collected Wisdom of Dr. G. Christopher Berry is an inspirational book of wisdom to teach you how the world works so you can have the kind of life you want. A manual for life that bridges the spiritual and psychological, this easy, enlightening self-help resource differs from other books in its genre by in its depth, perspective, and invative thinking. Dr. Berry's Emotion Focused Theory, EFT, which is published for the first time in this book, reconciles the gulf of kwledge between spirituality and science with simple-to-understand guidelines that reveal how science and spirituality can coexist in deeply beneficial ways. Through concise, clear lessons, Dr. Berry guides readers through the essential truths, which once embraced, can provide the necessary direction in life that leads to greater purpose, increased serenity, and harmony. He starts by explaining how we are here first and foremost to learn, and then sheds light on subjects such as understanding, balance, health, emotions, free will, goals, communication, and happiness. The author draws his inspiration from his own life journey, which began with the sexual abuse he experienced as a toddler that left him severely depressed. When he suffered from subsequent bullying and isolation, Berry made a personal vow that he would explore more fully the negative behaviors of human beings, in order to help others to gain the understanding necessary for a more positive course in life. After receiving his schooling and training as a psychologist, he began a private practice. His book draws from this field experience, as well as his own personal and spiritual epiphanies. A Taoist, the author uses this path of enlightenment as the compass for his theory. With breadth, scope, and simplicity, The Book of Life: The Collected Wisdom of Dr. G. Christopher Berry gives readers the tools they need to stay on course, manage conflict, optimize physical health, and benefit the most from being. This thought-provoking, essential guide to living is certain to transform your state of mind, and, by doing so, your chances of a happy, satisfying life.
- Author BiographyG. Christopher Berry, PhD, is a psychologist in private practice. He was motivated to help others with their psychological or emotional challenges by his own life journey, which started with sexual victimization as a young child. Severely depressed, he did not have the skills to make friends and was badly bullied. At the age of ten, Dr. Berry made a vow to himself to learn to understand the behaviors of others in order to change his life. He ultimately studied psychology as a college student and received his PhD. The Book of Life is the product of over eight years of college and four advanced degrees, as well as thirty years of practice in his field. It contains the principles that guide the author's life and that he teaches to his clients. It is the first book of its kind to combine both science and spirituality into simple, easy-to-understand principles.
- Author(s)G Christopher Berry Ph D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.