All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionWhy did London Underground once employ a one-legged man to ride up and down the escalators at Earl's Court tube station? What did Hitler plan to do with Nelson's Column? Why is London's only medieval mummy a prostitute named Clarice la Claterballock? How did a beer flood in Tottenham Court Road drown nine people? Where can you see a pair of Queen Victoria's knickers? Containing chapters covering London past and present; buildings and streets; famous and unexpected Londoners; arts, literature and crime; plus much much more, the 180 lists will amaze, amuse and inform. More than simply a keepsake for tourists, every self-respecting Londoner needs this book.
- Author BiographyNICK RENNISON worked as a bookseller, editor and writer in London for many years. He is the author of The London Blue Plaque Guide (Sutton 2003) and Waterstone's Guide to London Writing (Waterstone's 1999). His other books include The Good Reading Guide (Bloomsbury 2001) and The Good Reading Guide to Crime Fiction (Bloomsbury 2003).
- Author(s)Nick Rennison
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2007
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight230 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.