All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionMarmalade is particularly British creation, even though its origins lie abroad, and its charms have been exported to the wider world. C. Anne Wilson's book was first published in 1986 by Constable, reissued in Britain (Prospect) and the USA (Pennsylvania UP) in 2000, and w takes its place in Prospect's 'English Kitchen' series. It offers a history of marmalade in Britain from its origins as a quince conserve in medieval times, through its first commercialization in Scotland in the 18th century, to its dominant place in the British jam cupboard and on the breakfast table in the modern era. The first edition has been updated to take account of most recent developments. It really is a great pleasure to find one specific subject in the vast field of food history dealt with in a manner which can, for once, be properly described as definitive; - the result is a model,A was the introduction to one review. The history is buttressed by two dozen recipes drawn from old and modern sources. The illustrations are from old photographs, reproductions of catalogues, etc. Here is everything that a maker of marmalade, or a lover of the stuff, could need to feed his or her brain.
- Author BiographyC. Anne Wilson is one of Britain's most celebrated food historians, her reputation established with Food and Drink in Britain (1973). She was formerly a librarian at Leeds University Library and has for many years organised the Leeds Symposium on English Food History.
- Author(s)C. Anne Wilson
- PublisherProspect Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleThe English Kitchen
- Place of PublicationBlackawton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProspect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width138 mm
- Height187 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.