All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Book of Ninja, the ultimate ninjutsu manual, was penned in 1676 by a ninja kwn as Fujibayashi. Born in the post-civil war era of Japan, Fujibayashi collected and combined information from the ninja clans of Iga - regarded to be the homeland of the ninja - and compiled it into an authoritative book. Kwn as The Bansenhukai, this book has w been translated into English by the Historical Ninjutsu Research Team. It is widely considered to be the 'bible' of 'ninjutsu', the arts of the ninja. The Book of Ninja begins with an in-depth introduction to the history of Fujibayashi's scripture. Then the teachings themselves, appealingly rendered in this translation, take us into the secrets of guerilla warfare and espionage. We learn how to become the ultimate spy, whether through a network of spies or by hiding in plain sight. Through the stealth and concealment tactics of night-time infiltration and through weapon and tool building skills, as well as mission planning, we can learn much both about warfare and about adopting the right mindset for tackling our own inner and outer enemies. Adding to the mix for the spycraft lover, there are sections on capturing criminals, performing night raids, making secret codes and signs, and even techniques for predicting the weather and using an esoteric Buddhist system of divination. An exciting and engaging tome of lost kwledge, The Book of the Ninja is the final say in the world of the ninja and the ultimate classic for samurai and ninja enthusiasts alike.
- Author BiographyAntony Cummins is the founder of the Historical Ninjutsu Research Team, which has previously published the first two manuals in its ninja series, The Book of the Ninja being the last in the trilogy. Antony also works as the head of Urban Canyon Films to produce high-end documentaries on Japan, which are being distributed by National Geographic. He has been recognised by peers as a leading expert in the discovery of military arts of medieval Japan.
- Author(s)Antony Cummins,Yoshie Minami
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight939 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine48 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.