All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 3790 in the Hebrew calendar: 30 AD. A young man is travelling the countryside around the Sea of Galilee preaching a message of love and justice; a prophet is being made, and a martyr. But that story is well kwn. The young preacher, then kwn as Joshua of Nazareth, had a sister at home. Of her, we kw thing at all. The Book of Rachael is the story of a fiercely intelligent child consigned by her sex to a life of igrance and drudgery. But Rachael fights her destiny, secretly learning the forbidden skills of literacy from her father, Yosef, and her brother. And when she falls in love with Joshua's closest friend, Judah of Iscariot, it even seems that Rachael will find happiness in her constrained world. Then a message comes from Joshua. He is on his way to Jerusalem for Passover. He plans to speak out in the Temple against the corrupt establishment, and he asks for Judah's help. And so begins the chain of tragic events that will change t just Rachael's life, but the world forever.
- Author BiographyDr Leslie Cannold is an author, commentator, ethicist, researcher and social activist. Her non-fiction works include The Abortion Myth and What, No Baby?
- Author(s)Leslie Cannold
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication28/03/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight450 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.