All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Book of Revelation and Its Interpreters: Short Studies and an Antated Bibliography, editors Richard Tresley and Ian Boxall fill a significant gap in the scholarly literature. At its heart is an extensive antated bibliography, covering commentaries on the book up to 1700, including most of the early illuminated Apocalypses. Supporting the presentation of this survey of the historical interpretations of the Book of Revelation is an extended overview of Revelation's often-colorful reception history by Christopher Rowland, together with a number of short studies on various aspects of the book. These include discussions of specific commentators, such as Sean Michael Ryan's look at Tyconius and Francis X. Gumerlock exploration of Chromatius of Aquileia, alongside a more general treatment of Revelation's impact on the figure of John of Patmos in an essay by Ian Boxall and the visual reception of Revelation in Natasha O'Hear's article.
- Author BiographyIan Boxall is associate professor of New Testament at the Catholic University of America, Washington DC. He has published widely on the Book of Revelation. His recent publications include The Revelation of St John (2006), and Patmos in the Reception History of the Apocalypse (2013). Richard Tresley is a retired physician and independent scholar in Chicago.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white halftones
- Weight567 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byIan Boxall,Richard M. Tresley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.