All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most remarkable artists of our age.' MARIO VARGAS LLOSA THE BOOK OF SAND was the last of Borges' major collections to be published. The stories are, in his words, 'variations on favourite themes...combining a plain and at times almost colloquial style with a fantastic plot'. It includes such marvellous tales as 'The Congress', 'Undr' and 'The Mirror and the Mask'. Also included are the handful of stories written right at the end of Borges' life - 'August 25, 1983', 'Blue Tigers', 'The Rose of Paracelsus' and 'Shakespeare's Memory.
- Author BiographyJORGE LUIS BORGES (1899-1986) now has in print with Modern Classics the short story collections THE ALEPH, FICTIONS, BRODIE'S REPORT, A UNIVERSAL HISTORY OF INFAMY and THE BOOK OF IMAGINARY BEINGS. In addition Modern Classics publishes his SELECTEDPOEMS and THE TOTAL LIBRARY, a selection of his non-fiction which in 2000 won the National Book Critic's Circle award.
- Author(s)Jorge Borges
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2001
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight134 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byAndrew Hurley
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.