All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionShort stories in the Middle Ages kwn as exempla (moralized tales) have entertained and instructed Spaniards and others from the Middle Ages until today. The Libro de los enxienplos por a.b.c. (Book of Tales by A.B.C.), the richest collection of prose tales, numbering more than 500, was the creation of the fifteenth-century Archdeacon, Clemente Sanches. Some stories he translated almost literally, others he retold in his own words as he read ancient and medieval documents, some of which are lost in their original form, and some he recast from the oral literature of the folk - all in excellent style. Many of his stories are among the best tales ever told in world literature.
- Author BiographyThe authors: John Keller and Clark Keating, emeriti after forty years of teaching, mainly at the University of Kentucky, have collaborated on the translation of several medieval Spanish works. Each is the author of more than twenty books. King Juan Carlos of Spain conferred knighthood on Keller in the Order of Isabel la Catolica and a commandership in the Order of Alfonso X, el Sabio for his scholarly achievements. Keating is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and has received the Palmes Academiques from the French Government. Both have served as administrators in their universities and as editors of Monograph series and scholarly journals.Eric Furr is an assistant professor of Spanish at Transylvania University in Lexington, Kentucky. He holds the B.A. from the College of William and Mary, and completed his Ph.D. at the University of Kentucky in 1986. His research interests lie in Medieval and Golden Age literature. He has published articles and reviews on Quevedo and Don Juan Manuel, and is currently collaborating on a translation of the Cronica de Alfonso X.
- Author(s)Eric M Furr,John Keller,L. Clark Keating
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1993
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleIberica
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight580 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.