All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionIn a dazzling tribute to the Texas coast, conservationist and lawyer Jim Blackburn has teamed with photographer Jim Olive to give us the most intimate and important portrait yet of Texas bays and of those who work for their wise use and preservation. While giving life and sustenance to plants, animals, and people, the bays and estuaries of Texas have other stories to tell--about freshwater inflows, deep port construction, disappearing oyster beds, beach resorts, industrial pollution, and more. At a certain point, each story brings opposing forces into the courtroom for vigorous debates on the future of some of our most valuable and irreplaceable resources. The Book of Texas Bays is a personal account of legal battles won and lost, but it is also a fine work of natural history by someone who has a deep spiritual connection to the Texas coast and all it has to offer. Jim Olive's stunning photographs present us with a dramatic perspective of our relationship with the Gulf and remind us of both the grandness and the fragility of our coastal treasures.
- Author BiographyJim Blackburn, an attorney specializing in environmental law at BlackburnCarter Law Firm in Houston, USA, is adjunct professor and lecturer at Rice University, USA where he teaches environmental law. In 2001 he received the National Wildlife Federation's National Conservation Achievement Award, and in 1998 the Bob Eckhardt Lifetime Achievement Award from the General Land Office of the State of Texas.
- Author(s)Jim Blackburn
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Series TitleGulf Coast Books
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Weight1139 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.