Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Book of Time we see how philosophers, religions and scientists have tried to explain time as everything from a perfect cycle to ever-increasing chaos. We see how time works in the natural world and in our own bodies and minds, and how we've tried to measure it - first with calendars, then with increasingly sophisticated devices, from the Ancient Indian ghati and to the latest atomic clock.And from Aristotle to Einstein, we explore how time has been essential for scientists in their quest to understand the universe and everything in it. Not forgetting the deliciously weird world of time travel, explaining what is fact and what is fiction. This is the kind of book that you can dip into or read in depth - but either way we promise time will just fly by...
- Author BiographyAdam Hart-Davis is a scientist, author, photographer, historian and broadcaster, well-known for presenting the BBC television series Local Heroes and What the Romans Did for Us (and spinoff series on the Victorians, the Tudors, the Stuarts, and the Ancients). He was also a co-presenter of Tomorrow's World , and presented Science Shack . His most recent book is Science: The Definitive Visual History (Dorling Kindersley).
- Author(s)Adam Hart-Davis
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication03/10/2011
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Out-of-print date14/12/2013
- Content Noteapprox 200 photographs
- Weight1020 g
- Width194 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.