All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book tells the definitive international story of the Volkswagen Type 3. Simon Glen writes from first-hand experience, having owned seven Type 3s - five Variants, a 1500 Notchback and a 1500S Karmann*Ghia - which have been driven through Africa, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.Covering the Type 3's 20 year production span, and detailing Type 3 Notchbacks, Fastbacks, Variants and the Karmann Ghia, this book provides a fascinating insight into the history and production of these classic cars.
- Author BiographySimon Glen has owned 25 different Volkswagens seven of which were Type 3s (five Variants, a 1500 Notchback and a 1500S Karmann*Ghia). These cars have been owned and used in southern Africa, western Africa, Europe Australia and New Zealand.The Variants were used for long haul travel in remote parts of Africa. Areas where service and parts are sparse and where these tough little VWs survived rough roads, confrontations with rebel guerilla fighters and elephants. Currently Simon drives and camps in a Volkswagen T6 Transporter.
- Author(s)Simon Glen
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication16/02/2017
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Width207 mm
- Height250 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.