All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn two elegant and masterly prefaces, James Weldon Johnson discusses the origin and history of more than 120 of the most significant spirituals kwn. favourites like Swing Low Sweet Chariot, Deep River, and Go Down, Moses are arranged for voice and pia by his brother, J. Rosamond Johnson, and considered within their African tradition.
- Author BiographyJames Weldon Johnson (1871-1938) is recognized alongside W.E.B. Du Bois and Booker T. Washington as one of the most respected interpreters of the black experience. Composer J. Rosamond Johnson (1873-1954) was an authority on Negro spirituals.
- Author(s)J. Rosamond Johnson,James Weldon Johnson
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication27/11/2002
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight728 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.