The Boston Consulting Group on Strategy: Classic Concepts and New Perspectives by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.79Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of the best thinking from one of the most invative management consulting firms in the world For more than forty years, The Boston Consulting Group has been shaping strategic thinking in business. The Boston Consulting Group on Strategy offers a broad and up-to-date selection of the firm's best ideas on strategy with fresh ideas, insights, and practical lessons for managers, executives, and entrepreneurs in every industry. Here's a sampling of the provocative thinking you'll find inside: You have to be the scientist of your own life and be astonished four times:at what is, what always has been, what once was, and what could be. The majority of products in most companies are cash traps ...[They] are t only worthless, but a perpetual drain on corporate resources. Use more debt than your competition or get out of the business. When information flows freely, reputation, more than reciprocity,becomes the basis for trust. As a strategic weapon, time is the equivalent of money, productivity,quality, even invation. When brands become business systems, brand management becomes far too important to leave to the marketing department. The winning organization of the future will look more like a collection ofjazz ensembles than a symphony orchestra. Most of our organizations today derive from a model whose original purpose was to control creativity. Rather than being an obstacle, uncertainty is the very engine of transformation in a business, a continuous source of new opportunities. IP assets lack clear property lines. Every bit of intellectual property you can own comes with connections to other valuable invations.
- Author BiographyCarl W. Stern has been with BCG for thirty-two years. He was the CEO of BCG from 1997 to 2003 and presently serves as co-chairman of the board. He holds an MBA from Stanford Business School. Michael S. Deimler is a Senior Vice President in the Atlanta office of BCG and the leader of its strategy practice. He holds an MBA from The Wharton School. The Boston Consulting Group was founded in 1963 and now has sixty-one offices in thirty-six countries. For more information, please visit: www.bcg.com/bcgonstrategy
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight638 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byCarl W. Stern,Michael S. Deimler
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.