Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Addie Baum's 22-year old granddaughter asks her about her childhood, Addie realises the moment has come to relive the full history that shaped her. Addie Baum was a Boston Girl, born in 1900 to immigrant Jewish parents who lived a very modest life. But Addie's intelligence and curiosity propelled her to a more modern path. Addie wanted to finish high school and to go to college. She wanted a career, to find true love. She wanted to escape the confines of her family. And she did. Told against the backdrop of World War I, and written with the same immense emotional impact that has made Diamant's previous vels bestsellers, The Boston Girl is a moving portrait of one woman's complicated life in the early 20th Century, and a window into the lives of all women seeking to understand the world around them.
- Author BiographyAnita Diamant is a prizewinning journalist whose work has appeared regularly in The Boston Globe Magazine and Parenting magazine. The author of three prior novels, including the international bestseller THE RED TENT, she lives in Massachusetts with her husband and daughter. Visit her website at www.anitadiamant.com
- Author(s)Anita Diamant
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Edition StatementExport ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.