Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.85Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide to chowdah, blizzids, the Sawx, rotaries, dropped Rs, and many other parochial oddities features Boston Globe colleagues John Powers (Jawn Powiz) and Peter Wallace (Peetah Wollis) as they break down the provincial peculiarities of Boston's topography, meteorology, history, cuisine, architecture, table personalities, rituals and taboos that make this place t Noo Yawk. With Powers providing the langwidge and Wallace the pickchiz, the handbook explains how to get scrod, who Rosie Ruiz was, where Raymond's used to be, when to celebrate Bunker Hill Day, why there's East End, what the difference is between the Buddha and the buddha, and how to get there from here ( you cahn't ). This guidebook is indispensable--and wikkid funny.
- Author BiographyJohn Powers has written for the Boston Globe since 1973 and is the author of five previous books. He lives in Boston.
- Author(s)John Powers
- PublisherOn Cape Publications
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationDennis, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOn Cape Publications
- Content NoteTwo-color art throughout
- Weight185 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Wallace
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.