All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe Champ , Body and Soul , Don King: Only in America , Girl Fight , The Irish in Us , The Kid from Brooklyn , Somebody Up There Likes Me , Raging Bull , each of the Rocky movies and When We Were Kings are just a few examples of the 98 boxing features included in this filmography. Thoroughly researched, this work examines boxing films from the 1920's to 2000 and beyond. Each movie is described by three separate entries: the Tale of the Tape lists the film's studio, its genre, its length, credits for the producer, director and screenplay writers along with whether the film was done in black and white or in color; The Principals section names the film's major actors along with the characters they portray; and the Blow by Blow entry contains a detailed sypsis of each movie and includes excerpts from film critics of the day. The filmography also includes a section of End Notes that offers information on studio publicity releases and advertisements, press books and exhibitor campaign materials for each film.
- Author BiographyBoxing historian <b>Frederick V. Romano</b> lives in Eastchester, New York.
- Author(s)Frederick V. Romano
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2004
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight445 g
- Width177 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.