All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.01Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the boy you love asks you to keep his greatest secret, do you? A thought-provoking, achingly complex vel about prejudice and the many meanings of love from Nina de Gramont, author of Meet Me at the River, which Kirkus Reviews called a must-read. Fifteen-year-old Wren has been content to stay in her best friend Allie's shadow. It doesn't bother her that Ally gets the cutest guys, the cutest clothes, and even a modeling gig--Wren is happy hanging with the horses on her family's farm and avoiding the jealousy of other girls. But when Tim, the most intriguing guy in school, starts hanging out with Allie and Wren, jealousy is unavoidable, but t the kind Wren expects. Because even though Allie is wayyy into him and Wren hasn't flirted, t one little bit, it becomes increasingly clear that Tim prefers Wren's company above anyone else's. Tim's unexpected devotion comes at the exact time Wren's home life is about to be turned upside down. Her parents have just found out that the family horse farm is on land that was once a slave plantation and are struggling with whether to sell it. Wren aches at the thought of losing her horses and leaving town, but at least there is Tim...always a gentleman on their dates. Such a gentleman. Too much of a gentleman, even, and Wren begins to wish he'd be a wee bit less gentlemanly. And as Tim's church becomes actively homophobic, his pressuring parents don't understand why he won't help spread the word, and he's w a wreck. Then he tells Wren something he's never told a soul, and Wren must decide what she'll really do for love.
- Author BiographyNina de Gramont is the author of teen novels Meet Me at the River and Every Little Thing in the World as well as the story collection Of Cats and Men and the adult novel The Gossip of Starlings. Her work has appeared in Redbook, Harvard Review, Nerve, and Seventeen. Nina lives with her husband and daughter in coastal North Carolina. You can visit her at NinadeGramont.com.
- Author(s)Nina De Gramont
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Weight249 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.