All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $61.59Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionA magnificent tale of crackpot tions and sky-high courage - from David Almond, the master of magical realism, with illustrations by the award-winning Polly Dunbar. A magnificent tale of crackpot tions and sky-high courage - from David Almond, the master of magical realism, with illustrations by the award-winning Polly Dunbar. Paul believes that the moon is t the moon, but is a great hole in the sky. It's one of many strange ideas that he's never told anyone (at school he was told that he had ideas at all), until he meets Molly, his irrepressible neighbour, who begins to convince him that his theory might just change the world. Helped by a very long ladder, some highly irregular characters, two rather worried parents and a great deal of community spirit, Paul takes to the sky. But his astonishing discovery there can't keep him away for long - what is waiting for him back at home is turning out to be better than he'd ever imagined...
- Author BiographyDavid Almond is the acclaimed author of Skellig, winner of the Whitbread Children's Award and the Carnegie Medal; Kit's Wilderness, winner of the Smarties Award Silver Medal, Highly Commended for the Carnegie Medal and shortlisted for the Guardian Award; and The Fire-Eaters, winner of the Whitbread Award, the Smarties Gold Award and shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal. David has collaborated with Polly Dunbar on the highly acclaimed My Dad's a Birdman, and with Dave McKean on The Savage, Slog's Dad and Mouse Bird Snake Wolf. David lives in Hexham, Northumberland. To find out more about David and his books, go to www.davidalmond.com Polly Dunbar is a major star in the picture-book firmament. She is the author-illustrator of Penguin, Dog Blue and Flyaway Katie, and the illustrator of Shoe Baby, written by her mother, Joyce Dunbar. Her best-selling book Penguin has won numerous awards including the Book Trust Early Years Award 2007, the Nestle Silver Children's Book Prize 2007, the Practical Pre-School Award 2007 and the Red House Children's Book of the Year Award 2008, and was shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Medal. Her collection of titles beginning with Hello Tilly have been made into an animated series, Tilly and Friends, currently airing on CBeebies. Polly lives in Brighton, Sussex.
- Author(s)David Almond
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight137 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Polly Dunbar
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.