All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver since he nearly drowned in the ocean three years earlier, ten-year-old Jack Peter Keenan has been deathly afraid to venture outdoors. Refusing to leave his home in a small coastal town in Maine, Jack Peter spends his time drawing monsters. When those drawings take on a life of their own, one is safe from the terror they inspire. His mother, Holly, begins to hear strange sounds in the night coming from the ocean, and she seeks answers from the local Catholic priest and his Japanese housekeeper who fill her head with stories of shipwrecks and ghosts. His father, Tim, wanders the beach, frantically searching for a strange apparition running wild in the dunes. And the boy's only friend, Nick, becomes helplessly entangled in the eerie power of the drawings. While those around Jack Peter are haunted by what they think they see, only he kws the truth behind the frightful occurrences as the outside world encroaches upon them all.
- Author BiographyKeith Donohue is the national bestselling author of the novels <i>The Stolen Child</i>, <i>The Angels of Destruction</i>, and <i>Centuries of June</i>. His work has been translated into two dozen languages, and his articles have appeared in <i>The New York Times</i> and <i>The Washington Post</i>, among other publications. A graduate of Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Donohue also holds a Ph.D. in English from The Catholic University of America. He lives in Maryland.</p>
- Author(s)Keith Donohue
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication14/10/2015
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Weight227 g
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.