All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrought up as female for 15 years, Jon can remember feeling different from other girls since he was only 6 years old. Despite several efforts to fit in, it soon becomes clear that it's impossible to identify as female. But it will take years of depression, incessant bullying, self-harm and isolation before Jon discovers that he is transgender. When Jon eventually confides in his mother, Luisa, she commits herself unconditionally to helping her child and together they embark on a remarkable journey of transition. For Jon the changes that follow hormonal treatment are what he's always wanted. But for Luisa, this means coming to terms with the ermous loss of her daughter.
- Author BiographyJon Edwards was born in Peru in 1992. In 2009 Jon and his mother, Luisa, were filmed for a documentary as Jon started his transition from female to male. Jon is now 20, lives full time as male and will take hormone treatment for the rest of his life. Luisa Edwards is a civil servant and promotes equality and diversity issues, working for greater awareness of what being young and transgender is like.
- Author(s)Jon Edwards,Luisa Edwards
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight246 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- beatthesebargai...25 Jan, 2016by
What a great story. It was a very emotional read. I learned quite a bit about this subject. Very interesting.
Verified purchase: No
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.