All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $32.96Free postage
- AU $36.92Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.98Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- Description1970: In an overcrowded Stockholm subway station, a harried father and his two boys are late for their train. Joel, the youngest, is howling in his stroller and his seven-year-old brother, Kristoffer, refuses to take the elevator. A woman approaches and helpfully offers to lead Kristoffer up the stairs. Reluctantly his father agrees, but when he arrives on the platform Kristoffer and the woman have vanished without a trace. The kidnapping becomes a national sensation, but the boy is never found . . . Today: Joel, w an adult, goes missing in suspicious circumstances. His frantic wife turns to Danny Katz--an old friend with a troubled past--for help. A brilliant computer programmer and recovering heroin addict, Katz is also the divorced father of two young girls. Katz begins to dig behind the digital veil in search of Joel, even though the investigation quickly interferes with his duties as a parent. Before long, Katz discovers he isn't the only one trying to find Joel. The deeper Katz digs, the more upsetting the secrets he uncovers about the wealthy and powerful family at the heart of the investigation. Chillingly, the case takes a violent turn that reveals a disorienting connection to Katz's own troubled childhood--soon there will be backing out of his ufficial investigation.
- Author Biography<b>Carl-Johan Vallgren</b> is one of Sweden's most loved writers. He has been awarded the Swedish August Prize for Best Novel of the Year, and has been translated into 25 languages. He's also a talented musician with Warner Music. <b>Rachel Willson-Broyles</b> is a freelance translator based in Madison, Wisconsin. She received her BA in Scandinavian Studies from Gustavus Adolphus College in 2002 and her Ph.D. in Scandinavian Studies from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2013. Her other translations include Jonas Hassen Khemiri's novel <i>Montecore</i> and Jonas Jonasson's <i>The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden</i> among many others.
- Author(s)Carl-Johan Vallgren
- PublisherQuercus Books
- Date of Publication05/07/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleDanny Katz Thriller
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus Books
- Out-of-print date02/02/2017
- Weight476 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.