All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFood has the power to heal the brain. Now more than ever, we kw that the chemical components in what we eat have powerful effects on the way our minds work, and that good nutrition is valuable for treating problems from cancer to depression. But how can we use this information to help us prepare actual meals? The Brain Power Cookbook has the answers. In this essential guide, Dr Frank Lawlis and nutritionist Dr Maggie Greenwood-Robinson have compiled over two hundred delicious recipes that can help your brain respond positively to all sorts of psychological challenges. Whether you want to build brain power, put an end to stress, expand your memory and concentration, or even boost intelligence, this book will show you how, featuring a hearty helping of great meal ideas designed to help you reach your goal. Each chapter tackles a different mental challenge, discusses which types of food have the most benefits, and then offers a full complement of recipes - from main courses to side dishes, snacks to beverages, and even desserts - that incorporate these foods in mouth-watering and brain-boosting ways. Drawing on tastes and styles from around the world, The Brain Power Cookbook offers spice and variety as it shows you how to enhance your mental fitness. With these recipes in hand, you'll have all the ingredients you need to make your brain more efficient and maximise your success in work and life.
- Author BiographyDr Frank Lawlis is the New York Times bestselling author of Mending the Broken Bond, The IQ Answer and The ADD Answer, and the chief content adviser for the Dr Phil Show a renowned psychologist, researcher and counsellor, he is a fellow of the American Psychological Association. Dr Maggie Greenwood-Robinson is a nutritionist and the author of 20/20 Thinking.
- Author(s)Frank Lawlis,Maggie Greenwood-Robinson
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date05/01/2012
- Weight254 g
- Width145 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.