All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features 250 recipes for breads from around the world, made both by hand and in a bread machine, with traditional classics and new ideas. This is the bread-maker's ultimate how-to guide, with essential information and step-by-step techniques, shown in over 1200 stunning photographs. It is a complete guide to making bread, from mixing and kneading to glazing and baking. It show you how to use today's modern bread machines: settings, troubleshooting, and adapting traditional recipes for the machine. It features a fully illustrated directory of the distinctive breads to be found around the world. Concise step-by-step instructions and inspiring photographs of complicated stages and every finished bread make each recipe easy to follow, ensuring perfect results every time. This delightful book celebrates bread in all its diversity. Containing over 250 warming recipes that will fill your home with enticing aromas, there are traditional recipes from around the world, such as Ciabatta, Boston Brown Bread, Anadama Bread or Hungarian Split Farmhouse Loaf. As well as a fully illustrated reference section to the breads of the world, there are essential step-by-step techniques for every stage of the bread-making process. The book also contains recipes for use in a bread machine, and each one can be adapted for any size of machine. With nutritional information, cook's tips, variations and 1200 photographs, this is the definitive guide to breads and bread-making.
- Author BiographyChristine Ingram left a career in financial and consumer journalism to pursue her keen interest in food and cooking. After several years as a food editor for a magazine, she became a full-time writer, contributing to many magazines. Jennie Shapter is a food writer and home economist who specializes in cooking food for photography. Jennie spent a number of years working as chief home economist for major food manufacturers, where she developed her considerable baking skills. She has written many cookbooks.
- Author(s)Christine Ingram,Jennie Shapter
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 1200 photographs
- Weight1243 g
- Width170 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.