All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.03Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe Breadmakers Saga follows the story of a Glasgow working class community living through the dark days of the Depression and the Second World War. Clydend, McNair's Bakery and the surrounding tenements, are all vividly and absorbingly depicted, as are the lives and loves of people like Catriona, a young woman trying to cope with an overbearing husband; the forman baker Baldy Fowler and his tragic wide, Sarah; Alec Jackson, philandering insurance salesman; and a host of other colourful character who face up to the ordinary challenges of life and the extraordinary challenges of war with honesty, optimism and hope.
- Author BiographyMargaret Thomson Davis is one of Glasgow's favourite novelists. She is the author of more than 20 novels, including The Clydesiders Trilogy, Double Danger, Goodmans of Glassford Street and Red Alert.
- Author(s)Margaret Thomson Davis
- PublisherBlack and White Publishing
- Date of Publication16/03/2012
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack and White Publishing
- Weight454 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.