All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- Description<p> The Brecht Yearbook is a venue for discussion about aspects of theater and literature that were of particular interest to Bertolt Brecht, especially the politics of literature and the politics of theater in a global context.<br> The Volume Brecht in / and Asia contains twenty-six essays based on presentations given at Brecht in/and Asia, the thirteenth Symposium of the International Brecht Society (IBS), which was held at the University of Hawai'i at Maa in 2010. Themes covered include Brecht in India; contemporary Chinese theater; the 'Chinese' Brecht; tradition, Brecht, and political theater; Brecht between imperialism and postcolonialism, orient and occident; Fritz Bennewitz's intercultural Brecht productions; and Brecht('s) adaptations.
- Author BiographyMarkus Wessendorf is associate professor in the Department of Theatre and Dance at the University of Hawai i at Manoa. Friedemann Weidauer is managing editor of The Brecht Yearbook and associate professor of German at the University of Connecticut. His research focuses on contemporary German culture.
- Author(s)Markus Wessendorf
- PublisherInternational Brecht Society
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBrecht Yearbook S.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInternational Brecht Society
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFriedemann J. Weidauer,Markus Wessendorf
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.